How to submit your thesis by Alice Beck
Table of Contents
Submitting your thesis might sound or feel difficult but it’s actually really simple. Just follow these three steps.
1. Convert and title
- Convert the word document to pdf
- Title the document using the following format ‘PGR_submission_student surname_student first name_student number'
An example with fictional student ‘John Smith’ with student number ‘T 195765’ (the one on the back of your student card);
- Go to BlackBoard home page and find the box called My Organizations
- Enter the one that says Geographical Sciences Human Geog Postgraduate E-submission
- Submit thesis to Turnitin on the ‘Final submission area’. Make sure that the file you are submitting is a pdf and NOT a Chrome HTML.
- If the document has saved as a Chrome HTML use the following instructions;
- Hover over the HTML Chrome document.
- Right click it
- Click Properties
- Click General tab
- Click Change type
- Choose Adobe Acrobat in the list
- Click OK
- Click Apply then OK
- This should reset those PDF files back to Acrobat.
3. Email about your submission
- Email the exams office(email@example.com), Geog Pgadmin (firstname.lastname@example.org), and your supervisors with the document attached and clarify that you have also submitted the document to Turnitin.
- If file is too big, you will need to create a Facility for the Upload of Large Files (fluff) link.
In case of any problems, ask your peers or email the admin office, happy submitting!